KAZIRANGA TRAVEL INFO
Home to large breeding populations of elephants, wild water buffalo, and swamp deer
> Kaziranga Travel Info
Kaziranga National Park Travel Information
Kaziranga national park is situated in Assam lying partly in the Golaghat and Nagaon
districts of Assam. It is one of the most popular wildlife reserves of the country and is listed
amongst the five natural world heritage sites of India. The park’s popularity has been on rise
always as it is home to rare and endangered Indian one-horned Rhinos and numerous others
out of the ordinary species of mammals.
The park has been recognized as upkeep framed area for the plentiful colourful teresterial, aquatic as well as aerial species including one-horned Rhinos. The major part of the area is remarked as an important birding area (IBA) for conservation of avifaunal area. Civet cats, Hoolock Gibbons, Swamp Deer and Tigers etc are rarest species found in the park. The carpet of deciduous forest covers the whole area of park creating pinch of scenic exquisiteness all over the park. Let us have a look at the geographical distance of Kaziranga National Park from major cities of the country underneath-
Distance Chart from Major Indian Cities :-
- Guwahati: 230 Kilometers
- Kolkata: 704 Kilometers
- Delhi: 1620 Kilometers
- Banglore: 2270 Kilometers
- Mumbai: 2292 Kilometers
Travel Guidelines/ Important Information:-
- The park is segregated into four zones i.e. Central, Western, Eastern, and Ghorakati range but only three routes are open for visitors.
- All the official procedure are accomplished at the main entry gate (Kohora, Bagori and Agaratoli )
- Kohora, Bagori and Agaratol have the entry spots for the elephant and Jeep safari organised in Morning and Afternoon.
- The entry charges of the park is Rs. 50/- for an Individual with Indian origin. Whereas the entry fee for foreigners are Rs. 500/- per person.
- The forest department is shouldered with the responsibility of safari in the region.
- The timing of Morning Jeep Safari is 07:00 AM to 09:30 AM. The time slot for Afternoon Jeep safari is scheduled from 01:30 PM to 03:30 PM.
- The timing of park is 07:30 AM to 04 PM.